10 ways to make Passive Income as a Graphic Designer

10 ways to make Passive Income as a Graphic Designer


                                     
                            hi this is Graphic Temple. I design how to do and today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite topics which is how to make passive income like graphic design first I want to talk a little bit about the difference between passive and active income so passive from my experience you have a ton of work at the beginning with little or no income to show for it you have really slow sales starting out but as you keep adding to those passive streams the income starts picking up and then as you go you have a steady stream of income and you might not be working quite as much as you did at the
 beginning and it feels a lot easier because you're used to it
 a problem you might notice is you might never actually make passive income it's sort of risky so you think oh I'll write an e-book and nobody ever buys it so it's a possibility you have to make sure your stuff is marketable that's one of the drawbacks and a risk you will be taking if you decide to try passive income but the great thing about passive income a compounds over time so that means let's say you start out with one ebook and you make five dollars a month on it then next month you put on another even so now you have a five dollar income that you're making already in a month plus the added income from that next ebook so that means you got there five plus whatever you make on the next month so let's say it's another five so now you got ten if you add another ebook you have the ten you're making per month on those two you guys plus whatever you are going to be making and over time is just compounds and compounds the more you market it and the better you get at creating the passive products the more money you'll make of course so my main advice is don't get up passive income means you're making money while you sleep although you put in a ton of work at first you will continue to see sales from that over the years I will say that passive income does require maintenance you have to keep adding and you have to keep working on it you can't just let it sit things change and people change their habits competition may get stronger all these things contribute to possibly less income as time goes on so you have to always keep upping your game but it's still worth it okay now let's talk about active income active income is when you guys hear job you work for 40 hours a week and then you get paid you don't ever make more money on that time that you worked it's one and done the nice thing about active income is you get paid right away you don't have to wait for years to get pay on something you did this type of income is more stable and solid there's not a lot of risk involved so you have an agreement with your employer that okay I did this much work paying for this much work and that's it compared to the passive side of things where it's like well I hope this will make me money someday you're basically guaranteed to get the money that you just worked for two weeks ago okay now I want to tell you the five ways that you can make money passively as a graphic designer
 number one and this is my favorite one because I'm having relative success with this right now
 is selling stock photos and stock vectors there are tons of stock sites out there and if you can create vectors with illustrator or take them kind of awesome pictures with your camera you can sell those the Shutterstock Fotolia i stock big stock one two three RS dreams time deposit photos can stock ala me and list goes on those are the big ones now here's the hard part you don't get paid very much when someone buys your stock photo for the most part you can but usually you'll get about 25 cents to 35 cents per stock photo download and at first I was a little hard for me to swallow but after time you sell so many of a certain photo that it ends up being worth your time so that's what I'm talking about when I say it starts really slow but over time you can make pretty good money number two create full designs and sell your art on products the sites I think you have for this are picks it in Vasil RedBubble I'm a member of red bubble and while I haven't made it
 money is a nice little amount of pocket change the images that I have out there will continue to sell over time again on those your ket is not going to be very high so if someone buys a twenty five dollar t-shirt you'll probably get it about three dollars and the reason for that is you don't have to deal with printing a t-shirt shipping it dealing with a customer it's all done for you so all you have to do is create the artwork and then sell it and resell it several times there's no limit to how many times you can sell your artwork number three get an empty shop I'm having pretty good success on my Etsy right now I do digital downloads so it actually is passive you can go the active route with se where you create a physical product and shove it to someone but I'm going to do passive so I do only digital
 downloads through Etsy one thing about se if you do physical products you have to worry about restrictions they will only allow handmade items and vintage items so if you're getting something mass-produced as it's not for you number four a self stuff on your own website I haven't started this one personally but I plan to start up my own website maybe have some products for sale on there eventually some ideas for you you could do hand lettered quotes those also sell great on Etsy you can do web templates email templates and graphic packs and bundles and this is just the name of you so if you have other ideas maybe I'm not thinking of go ahead and stick them on your own website and then promote the heck out of it on social media okay number five ebooks if you really know some part of graphic design so well maybe you know how to use illustrator better than anyone else you can create an e-book about how to use illustrator and teach other people what you know that they probably don't I actually don't know of a place to sell you go on the line unless the Amazon but you can always take that out by your own website and sell it on there just to remember to promote it so those are my five tips for passive income for graphic designers and I hope you got something out of this and we'll make a move towards your own design business if you have any
 questions or comments please leave this in the comment section below and if you like this video click like if you want to see more videos like this I plan on doing a little more leaning towards stock photography and passive income

graphictemple.com

Graphic Temple Designed by graphictemple.com Copyright © 2019

Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.